Friday, December 2, 2011

Words

The written word is as essential to my life as oxygen is. I live and breathe the written word. It is my saving grace, my strength, my sanity, my "raison d'ĂȘtrĂ©." And when I am gone, my writing will be my legacy, allowing me to live forever through my words. I not only see, speak and hear words...I FEEL words. Each word seems to have its own unique quirks and qualities...texture, color, sound, rhythm, temperature, tone, mood, volume, flavor...all of which are independent of it's assigned meaning or definition. In fact, all these perceived nuances undergo transformation, whether subtle or profound, when a word is combined with another word or group of words. Wordplay, rhymes, compound syllables, synonyms, homonyms, simile, metaphor, allegory, alliteration...they all interact to create a dynamic flow. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment